Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Personal Life Coach? A Personal Life Coach is an individual who is certified to help you explore, motivate, believe, reach, acknowledge, create and embrace your life by assisting you in achieving your dreams. A coach is an excellent active listener that will pick up from your conversations what you are really thinking and will facilitate you to take actions to move yourself towards your goals. The coach will celebrate your successes, help you discover how to overcome obstacles, identify your strengths and weaknesses, and encourage you to move forward in achieving your goals and discovering a much happier life.
- What is the difference between coaching and therapy? A therapist typically will focus on problems in the past, and explore why things have happened, to help you move forward. A coach helps you to move forward and accomplish your dreams from where you currently are in life. We may visit things from the past but we do not focus on where you have been we focus on where you want to be. A coach helps you be the very best you can be and encourages and inspires you. They help you do things beyond what you thought you could possibly accomplish. Coaches help you come from a place of confidence as moving your life forward. A coach can assist you in breaking through what has held you back from manifesting your dreams. A coach will challenge you to focus your time on what you really want to do at this moment in your life. Coaches hold their clients agendas and help you be accountable for what you truly say that you will accomplish. It is a true partnership where together we design a plan for you based on your agenda.
- What happens during a coaching session? During each coaching session we will discuss what actions that have been taken since our last session and celebrate the successes and progress made at this time. Then we will set a "session goal" which will clearly set what you want to achieve by the end of the session. We will then explore where you are at the moment with that particular goal; what you have tried so far; what has worked and not worked and identify the obstacles you may have come across during this process. We will then explore all the possible options for achieving this goal you have identified. We will use a lot of different techniques and tools to extract options that you will have never thought of before. Finally, and most importantly we look a what actions you want to set for yourself to move forward in achieving the goal you have set for yourself at the beginning of the session.
- How long is a coaching session? A typical coaching session takes approximately 55-60 minutes. These sessions can be weekly, biweekly, or even monthly. The time of day if flexible for day, evening or week hours.
- Where does the coaching take place? In the majority of cases the coaching session will take place over the phone, with the client calling the coach. This seems to be the most convenient way for individuals to fit coaching into their busy lives. We can use Skype or Zoom if you like a video connection. In addition, if you live near me, and you prefer to meet in person that is an available option. The environment for the coaching session, would recommend a nice quiet place with no distractions where you have the opportunity to completely focus on the conversation.
- What credentials do you need to be a coach? Some people have no training and have a coaching business. Always best to ask about training and credentials. I am a Certified Life Coach, I graduated from the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC). In addition, I have become a master practitioner in Energy Leadership, and a Core Dynamics Specialist with additional training and certifications in Transitions and Wellbeing.